I am a Jane Austen fan. I still remember the day I saw the 1990s BBC adaptation of Pride and Prejudice for the first time at the age of 7. It's a fond memory. I also remember the day I borrowed Pride and Prejudice from the library. The day I bought my own copy was one where I bounced around the house in glee. I got my hands on way too many retellings, variations, and fan fiction. I keep telling myself I won't fall for another rendition. Hi, me who failed.
One of my favorite fashion historians on YouTube, Abby Cox, loved this show so much she did a slightly unhinged review. Check that out as it is *chef's kiss*. I have the novel this mini series was based off of in my ever growing TBR pile.
Mary is the often overlooked and forgotten Bennett sister. The show speed runs through the events of Pride and Prejudice in the first two episodes as it shows you things from Mary's perspective. After that, all the focus is on how Mary slowly steps out of the shadows of her sisters and into her own light. And in the process finds a place to belong and love.
Sidenote: I think the Gardiners are the healthiest example of family in the show. Also I have always like them. They always seemed to me like people one would like to know. This show just reinforced that thought. Also my mom and I had a bet going and I lost. The actress who played Mrs.Gardiner was not in Bridgerton. My bad. Let's blame it on my undiagnosed partial face blindness. That's better than saying I am bad at remembering faces, right? Right??
As always, feel free to leave me a message below.
No comments:
Post a Comment