I don't like being super close to large bodies of water. Now let me clarify what I mean by "large bodies of water". If it's over my head when I stand up and has a current, my anxiety is going to spike. But if it's just me and Jimmy in the kiddie pool, I'm cooler than a blizzard. I know some might think I need to get therapy for it but as it doesn't mess with my life in general, I'm leaving it.
Now, the other day I put on a movie to listen to while I sewed (Pic below, also so sorry for bad pic. I had a lot going on that day). I was in a bit of a mood so San Andres was the choice. I was cool the majority of the film but my anxiety spiked right when the tsunami hit. This wasn't helped by the sudden power surge we ended up having as well.
I know it's a movie. I know it's all fake. I do. As contrary as it may seem, I enjoy the beach. I have fond memories of playing at the shallow water near the shore. I just feel uncomfortable going further than that. So watching disaster films that keep showing one of my nightmare scenarios is probably unhealthy. So why do I keep watching? I genuinely wish I knew.
As always, feel free to leave me a message below.
P.S. Why does almost every disaster film include either a flood or tsunami? Can we please just not do it each time?
No comments:
Post a Comment