Wednesday, September 23, 2026

The Overdue Review: Doors Without End by Richard A Bamberg

 I read this book a long time ago. I was enamored then. I reread it recently and I found my re-enamored. If any of you out there are a fan of Marvel, Sci-fi, or simply questioning "What If", this novel is something that would be up your alley. Blurb from Goodreads.




When Robert Randall encounters a teenager during a blizzard, he quickly learns that her strangeness is only a foreshadowing of her impact on his life. Within minutes of meeting Kira, Robert is forced to kill, something he had sworn to never do again.


With her pursuers hounding their every move, Robert must escort Kira through the endless doors that connect the universes. All the while trying to get back to Kira’s dimension and rescue her mother from her captors.


Honestly, their blurb doesn't do the book justice. Here's my take:

Widower Robert Randall has been having a rough time. Aside from losing his beloved wife and their unborn child, his in-laws hate him, he's got the world's worst case of writers block and he can't stop talking to his dead comrade at arms. Just when he's about to drunkenly put a hole in his brain, Robert is stopped by thirteen year old Kira. She's on the run, being chased by strange gunman. Robert is quick to come to her rescue. Little does he expect his decision to change his life.



Richard A Bamberg's Doors Without End is a book you should read at least once. Robert is a beautifully broken and flawed character that you still find yourself rooting for, probably because he is so broken. This story is a fun journey I hope you all try.



As always, feel free to leave me a message below.

No comments:

Post a Comment