Wednesday, September 16, 2026

Top Ten Worst Places and Time periods to accidentally time travel

 One of the things my siblings and I like to do is imagine we had a time machine. Sometimes we talk about what we wish we could see or experience. Or if we changed something in history, what the consequences would be (great cause and effect class, btw). Recently, I asked what would be the worst times and/or places to accidentally land yourself in and get stuck as I would probably get myself killed. The Sibs are still forming their list. This was my top ten and the reasons why.


1. Pompeii

Firstly, Vesuvius. I don't think I would ever feel comfortable being near a volcano even if it was dormant. So being near a violently active one is a pure nightmare. Secondly, the lifestyle difference is way too sharp.

2. French Revolution

I like paranoia in movies or books. Not every day life. Also super fond of my neck. I'm very connected to it. Madam Guillotine and I wouldn't be friends.

3. Lusitania

First, I can't swim. Second, this ship sank so fast I question whether I would've even been fast enough getting my life jacket on. Third, I don't like large bodies of water soooooo...........

4. Galveston Hurricane

Can't Swim. Even if I could, the flooding could've still drowned me or the debris could've taken me out.

5. Salem Witch Hunt

If my time machine was ever so rude as to yeet me as is during this time period, I am probably going to die. My clothes and speech are way to modern, I'm going to be a glaring red flag.

6. 1666 London Fire

Um,fire. I don't do fire unless it's in a grill. This fire ate a nice chunk of London and killed a goodly portion of people. So, nope.

7. San Francisco Earthquake and Fire

Same as above, also I don't want to experience an earthquake. I like not experiencing that. Again.

8. Chicago/ Peshtigo Fire

Still same as above. The Peshtigo Fire was America's deadliest fire and many people still know little about it. It would be incredibly easy to get lost in the chaos. So, Double Nope.

9. The Children's Blizzard,1888

Blizzards are great when in a cup from Dairy Queen, with modern conveniences, all the supplies one could need, and heat. Lacking all these, I refuse to leave. I will help fix the time machine.

10. Any time or place with the Black Plague

Yeah, that will always be a hard pass from me. I will pick up a plague suit on my way out. I'm staying in the machine until you all get it going again. I am not doing it.



As always, feel free to leave me a message below.

No comments:

Post a Comment