Wednesday, August 5, 2026

You have to hold it in

 Recently, LB2 and a family member has been building up their own little ebook library. In passing, I saw a few of the authors were ones I already had works from. I enthusiastically said they could get a copy from me and they didn't have to go hunting around for the rest of the series. I got them covered.



I was, to put it bluntly, rebuffed. LB2 said that if he wanted something from me he'll ask and sent me on my way. My family member said that I got her all confused and ask me to go. They want to build on their own terms, with little assistance from me.



I won't lie and say it didn't hurt. It did. I was trying to be nice. But, mature me understands that it is cruel to deprive a fellow bookworm the joy of cultivating their own little library. Immature me will just have to get over herself.



So I will now try, keyword here is try, to let them be. If they want book recommendations or more, let them come to me. I don't want to ruin that new book buzz for them and it seems like I had been. It stings even more because I just had a massive blip and lost a good portion of my books. So it hurts. Like I just lost I don't know how many books and I will have to try and recover.



Honestly, I want to ugly cry. The kind where snot dribbles down your face and you eye swell up. But one must keep it together. I lost some music and books that I can probably get back. But all my ASMR...😭 My little stories that I'd listen to as I worked😭😭😭. I will recover. Eventually. So while that happens, I will not be focusing on writing about books so much. Let a girl heal.



As always, feel free to leave me a message below.

No comments:

Post a Comment